Welcome to Matchplay.com
Your headquarters for all major Northern California tournaments since 1996
Welcome to our buylist, here you can pick from our selection and sell us cards!
We are always buying.
We pride ourselves on having the best, most extensive buylist around. If you don't see something that you want to sell to us, please do not hesitate to contact us. We respond to all questions within one to two business day, most of the time much sooner than that. No collection is too large or small for us and we are happy to make offers on any Magic cards.
A few friendly reminders.
1) We offer payment via PayPal, Check, or Store Credit. Please note that if you select payment via PayPal, some fees may apply.
2) We give 25% more in trade on all non-Bulk items. Store credit can be used on all of our singles, supplies and Magic sealed product. Don't see anything you need or want right now? Don't worry, store credit doesn't expire so feel free to keep it until you find something.
3) We do our best to maintain the highest buy prices on the internet. We try to update our buy prices daily to ensure that we are competitive on every single card!
4) If you have any questions or concerns about selling cards to us or even ways for us to improve our buylist, feel free to contact us at. We are happy to help and always looking to improve.
5) If you submit a buylist to us, please do not reply to the confirmation email. We won't be able to see your reply. Instead just shoot us an email.
6) Please do not submit a buylist under $10.00. If a buy list under $10.00 is submitted your buy list will not be approved.
Our grading scale:
Near Mint: Cards in Near Mint condition show little to no wear from shuffling or play. While a card that is graded at Near Mint may have a small scratch or nick, generally it will be indistinguishable in an unsleeved deck from other Near Mint cards.
Light Play: Cards in Light Played condition show minor wear from shuffling or play. They may have mild border or corner wear, slight scratching or scuffing on the front or back, and some whitening along the edges.
Moderate Play: Cards in Moderate Play condition show moderate wear, but are still legal for tournament play if sleeved. They may have creases from shuffling, extensive border wear, whitening along the back or front, major scratches or nicks, minor water damage and in some cases slight inking along the border.
Heavy Play/Damaged: Cards in Heavy Play/Damaged condition are those with major water damage, major inking, easily noticeable bends or creases, writing on the back, tearing, pieces missing or that otherwise display signs of major wear
*Important* We buy Slightly Played cards at 80% of their Near Mint price, Played cards at 60% of their Near Mint price and Damaged cards at 25% of their Near Mint price. In addition, any rare that we buy for $0.10 that arrives in worse than Near Mint condition will instead be bought for $0.05. Any common or uncommon that we buy for $0.10 or less that arrives in worse than Near Mint condition will instead be bought at our bulk rate. If you wish to avoid these downgrades, please carefully check the condition of your cards before sending them in.
How do I sell cards to Matchplay.com? (Please Read Carefully)
1) You can quickly and easily find the cards you wish to sell by using either our search bar or by browsing the product tree in the upper left of the screen. Once you've located a card you are interested in selling to us, just add it to your Sell Cart. Please be aware that you must be in "Selling Mode" to sell cards to us.
2) To edit your Cart or Checkout, simply click the "View Buylist/Submit" link in the Cart Summary section.
3) Follow the system prompts to complete your sell order.
4) Wait for the confirmation email to arrive. After you submit your buylist, we have to double-check that we want to buy everything at the posted prices. Usually this takes 1 to 2 business days, but please read this email carefully when it arrives because sometimes we do make changes. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 3 business days, please feel free to contact us and we will look it see why there is a delay.
5) Please include a print out of your confirmation email with your package. Occasionally we receive buylists with no name on them and consequently we have a difficult time locating the seller. Don’t let this happen to you!
6) Make sure that your cards are sorted in the EXACT order that they appear on your confirmation email. If your cards arrive out of order, please expect an additional delay before completion of your buylist. Please note that in extreme cases such as buylists of several hundred cards that arrive in no order at all that it may take us longer to sort and grade. We will contact you before processing your buylist if there are any errors or questions we may have.
7) Remember to package your cards securely. We don't want your cards to be damaged during shipment and neither should you, so please take the time to make sure your cards are well packed and protected. Do not put cards in plastic zip lock bags, wrap them with rubber bands, and or use tape ( NO TAPE ) these will more than likely result in damage. We highly recommend packaging your cards in plastic card cases or boxes designed specifically to hold trading cards. Bubble mailers work well too, but please remember to secure the cards so that they do not become loose during transit. We also ask that you please do not sleeve your cards, we will have to unsleeve every card in order to grade it so it would be to your benefit by saving us time and allowing us to pay you faster!
8) Please address all buylists to:
502 J St.
Marysville, CA 95901
9) While we don't require it, we strongly recommend that you purchase tracking and insurance for your package. Occasionally things get lost in the mail and we are not responsible for the post office's mistakes, so in order to protect yourself and your package we encourage you to spend the extra couple dollars on both tracking and insurance.
10) Although we understand that sometimes there are delays in sending cards to us, due to the constantly changing nature of card prices we ask that all buylists sent to us are received at our facility within 10 business days of their acceptance. After that time, any prices we've offered are subject to change.
11) We will send an email to you when your package arrives at our facility. You will receive another email within 1 to 2 business days once your cards have been graded and a final value has been determined. Please keep in mind that we pay 80% of the Near Mint price for Slightly Played cards, 60% for Played cards and 25% for Damaged Cards. If you are uncomfortable receiving a reduced price for cards graded below Near Mint, please closely inspect the cards you are sending to us beforehand and include a physical note stating that you would prefer to have us return any cards not graded at Near Mint. Return shipping will be determined if and or when a return is necessary.
12) If you want to change your buylist for any reason before sending it to us, for instance to remove a card or add cards, please make a note on the invoice and or contact us.
*Important* We are currently only buying English cards unless otherwise noted. If we receive foreign cards in place of English ones, we reserve the right to discount their prices. We will contact you in regards to the price difference.
We buy bulk!
Don't see your cards listed? Don't worry, we buy bulk Magic cards too. Matchplay.com is currently paying the following prices for bulk:
- Bulk Magic Rares: $0.10 each
- Bulk Magic Mythic Rares: $0.25 each
- Bulk Magic FOIL Rares: $0.25 each
- Bulk Magic FOIL Mythic Rares: $0.50 each
Please keep in mind that these prices are for bulk Magic cards that are Near Mint and English. We will return all bulk cards that do not meet these requirements at your expense, so please be careful before sending bulk cards in.
Bulk is not eligible for the store credit bonus.
If you are interested in selling bulk Magic cards please contact us via email.
If you have read all this. Thank You for being a outstanding customer!